Marblehead Light (Ohio)

"Marblehead, Ohio"


Built: 1821

"Overlooking the entrance to Sandusky Bay, this lighthouse is the oldest active one on the Great Lakes. It is a conical stone tower that stands 65 feet high. The keeper's dwelling is used as a museum by the Ottawa County Historical Society. This light was the featured Lake Erie lighthouse on the Great Lakes Lighthouse series of U.S. Postage stamps issued in 1995. (Photo 1991, Trip #11)"



Navigational Options
Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.