Bete Grise (Mendota) Light

"Bete Grise, Michigan"


Built: 1895
Decommissioned: 1960

"This pale yellow two story dwelling with attached square tower is located on the Mendota Ship Canal linking Lac La Belle with Lake Superior. It is also known as the Mendota Light. It is privately owned. [Update: The private owners reactivated the light on July 5, 1998.]"



Navigational Options
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.