Minnesota Point Light (Ruins)

"Duluth, Minnesota"


Built: 1856
Decommissioned: 1913

"This long forgotten red brick structure stands at the end of Minnesota Point which stretches out into Lake Superior from Duluth. The walk out to the ruins is about one and a half miles, the last half mile of which is fairly tough, up and down sandy hills. The empty, crumbling shell is all that remains of the original tower which was built near the water's edge, but now stands about two blocks from shore due to the years of shifting sands. (Photo 1998, Trip #31)"



Navigational Options
Return to Thirty-first Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.