North Point Light
"This light is located at North Point, which is north of the entrance into the Milwaukee River from Lake Michigan. It sits on a high bluff, in beautiful Lake Park. The structure standing today was completed in 1913 when the 1888 tower was placed on top of a new 35 foot tall steel structure. Martin Knudsen ended his long career with the Lighthouse Service by serving as chief keeper here from 1917 to 1924."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.