Ogdensburg Harbor Light

"Ogdensburg, New York"


Built: 1900

"This light was built on the site of an old fort, Fort La Presentation, and replaced the first lighthouse built in 1834. The huge, 65 foot high square tower is made of stone and is attached to a small stone house. It is now a private residence."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-third Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.