Old Fairport Main Light

"Fairport, Ohio"


Built: 1871
Decommissioned: 1925

This present sandstone tower replaced the first badly deteriorated tower that had been built in 1825. Today the Fairport Harbor Historical Society maintains the lighthouse as a marine museum.



Navigational Options
Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.