Old Long Point Light

"Long Point, Ontario"


Built: 1879
Decommissioned: 1916

This light once marked a natural channel that had been cut through the Long Point peninsula during a storm. It was originally called the Cut Light. Finally the channel was completely filled in and eventually the light was abandoned. Today it is a private residence.



Navigational Options
Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.