Old Mackinac Point Light

"Mackinaw City, Michigan"


Built: 1892
Decommissioned: 1957

"Once marking the Straits of Mackinac (the passage between Lakes Huron and Michigan), this light was taken out of service when the lights of the newly completed Mackinac Bridge made it unnecessary. The structure now serves as a maritime museum. (Photo 1994, Trip #19)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twenty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.