Old Port Washington Light

"Port Washington, Wisconsin"


Built: 1860
Decommissioned: 1903

"This integral light tower structure sits on a hill overlooking the entrance to the Sauk River from Lake Michigan. The light was deactivated in 1903 and the tower, lantern room, and widow's walk were removed. The building continued to house Coast Guard personnel, until it was leased to the Port Washington Historical Society in 1992. Restoration of the tower and lantern room began in November 2000, and is now complete."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-first Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.