Presque Isle Light (Old)

"Presque Isle, Michigan"


Built: 1840
Decommissioned: 1870

"The first lighthouse at Presque Isle (not really an island, but a peninsula) served for thirty years before being replaced by a taller lighthouse a mile to the north. In the early 1900s the property was bought by the Stebbins family who restored the lighthouse and cottage. The cottage is now a museum, filled with antiques from the lighthouse's service period. The lighthouse tower is open to the public, and the hand-chisled stone staircase can be climbed up to the top. (Photo 1987, Trip #1)"



Navigational Options
Return to First Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.