Ontonagon Light

"Ontonagon, Michigan"


Built: 1867
Automated: 1964

This lighthouse is located at the harbor entrance to Ontonagon and is surrounded by private property. The light-brown brick two-story keepers dwelling and attached square tower of matching brick are currently being restored by the Ontonagon County Historical Society and the Coast Guard Auxilliary of Ontonagon.



Navigational Options
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.