Cheboygan Light

"Cheboygan, Michigan"


Built: 1853
Decommissioned: 1920

"The oldest of the Cheboygan lighthouses was abandoned by the Coast Guard in 1920. Subsequently, vandals damaged the buildings to such an extent that they had to be torn down for safety reasons. Today, all that exists of the lighthouse are a few short wall fragments and red bricks scattered throughout the bushes."



Navigational Options
Return to First Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.