Peninsula Point Light

"Rapid River, Michigan"


Built: 1866
Automated: 1922
Decommissioned: 1936

This tower is all that remains of the lighthouse that sat at the end of the point which separates Big Bay De Noc from Little Bay De Noc at the north end of Green Bay. The keepers residence was razed by fire in 1959. The tower is open to the public and is part of the Hiawatha National Forest.



Navigational Options
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.