Port Burwell Main Light

"Port Burwell, Ontario"


Built: 1840
Decommissioned: 1952

This 65-foot-tall light is located at the mouth of Otter Creek. It is Canada's oldest wooden lighthouse and the first Ontario light to shine over Lake Erie. It now belongs to the town of Port Burwell and has been refurbished and is open to the public.



Navigational Options
Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.