Point Betsie Light

"Frankfort, Michigan"


Built: 1858
Automated: 1983

"This light, which marks the southern end of the Manitou Passage, was the last remaining manned light station on mainland Michigan. (Photo 1994, Trip #20)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Twentieth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.