Point Clark Light

"Amberly, Ontario"


Built: 1859

"This 90 foot-high tower with its white brick and red trim is one of the six Imperial Towers built to guard the waters around the Bruce Peninsula and into southern Georgian Bay. In 1967, Point Clark became the first Ontario lighthouse to be named a National Historic Site. The keeper's house has been turned into a marine museum."



Navigational Options
Return to Ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.