Point Iroquois Light

"Brimley, Michigan"


Built: 1871
Decommissioned: 1962

"The Point Iroquois Light sits silently at the entrance to the St. Mary's River and the Soo Locks, one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world. The present brick structure, which replaced a previous wooden structure, was itself replaced by a beacon which sits further out in the water. The lighthouse and its property are now under the control of the United States Forest Service."



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.