Raspberry Island Light

"Raspberry Island, Wisconsin"


Built: 1863
Automated: 1957

"Built above a 40 foot high bank, the square, 40 foot tall wood tower rises out of the gable roof of the two story double keepers' quarters that housed the keeper in one half and two assistants in the other half. This was the third light built in Wisconsin's Apostle Islands of Lake Superior. The keeper's dwelling now houses a museum which is open during the summer months."



Navigational Options
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.