Round Island Light

"Round Island, Michigan"


Built: 1895
Automated: 1924
Decommissioned: 1947

"This light, seen by many passengers who take the ferry to Mackinac Island, once served to mark the dangerous shoals around the channel between Round Island and Mackinac Island. Private historical agencies and State and Federal agencies restored the lighthouse in 1978. It is currently owned by the Forest Service and maintained by the Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association. (Photo 2001, Trip #38)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-fourth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.