Round Island Passage Light

"Mackinac Island, Michigan"


Built: 1948
Automated: 1973

"This 60 foot tall reinforced concrete tower was built to replace the Round Island Light. It is located near the breakwater off the south shore of Mackinac Island. The Mackinac Island ferries travel between this light and the restored Round Island Light on their daily excursions to and from the island. (Photo 2005, Trip #46)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.