Sand Island Light (WI)
"Sand Island, Wisconsin"
"This light is located on the western side of Lake Superior's Apostle Islands. The original brownstone structure has survived the years well intact. In 1933 the automated light was moved from the lighthouse to a metal tower standing in front of it. The beacon was returned to the original tower in 1985, and the metal tower dismantled. The light has remained in service to the present day. Guided tours are available during the summer months."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.