Sand Point Light (Lake Michigan)
This lighthouse is located in Ludington Park along the shore of Lake Michigan. From the time it was removed from service in 1939 until 1985 it served as quarters for Coast Guard personnel. During this time the structure was substantially altered. Renovation by the Delta County Historical Society began in 1987 and the completely restored lighthouse was reopened in July of 1990 complete with a museum.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.