Sherwood Point Light

"Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin"


Built: 1883
Automated: 1983

"This light marks the entrance into Sturgeon Bay from Green Bay. Today it is used as a private residence by the Coast Guard. When it was automated in the fall of 1983, it was the last manned light on the Great Lakes."



Navigational Options
Return to Eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.