St. Clair Flats Old Channel Range Lights
"Harsens Island, Michigan"
Built: "1859, 1875"
"These lights were first built in 1859 and the taller rear light tower has survived intact. The front light started to lean badly and its foundation began to settle. In 1875 the present tower was erected. Once again, however, the tower is leaning noticeably. The lights were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.