St. Joseph North Pier Inner & Outer Lights
"St. Joseph, Michigan"
"The first light at the mouth of the St. Joseph River, completed in 1832, was the first lighthouse constructed on Lake Michigan. These two pier lights which eventually replaced it are still in operation today, one of the few still active pier light systems on the Great Lakes. These lights were the featured Lake Michigan lighthouse on the Great Lakes Lighthouse series of U.S. Postage stamps issued in 1995. (Photo 1995)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.