Tawas Point Light
"Tawas Point State Park, Michigan"
"Originally built in 1852, the Tawas Point Light had to be moved in 1876 because Tawas Point (also known as Ottawa Point) on which it sits had moved more than a mile due to shifting sands! Tawas point sits at the end of a peninsula which separates Tawas Bay from Lake Huron. The light is still in operation and is under the care of the US Coast Guard. (Photo 1997)"
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.