Turtle Island Light

"Turtle Island, Ohio"


Built: 1831
Decommissioned: 1904

Turtle Island is bisected by the Michigan/Ohio state line and the lighthouse sits on the Ohio side of the island. It was abandoned in 1904 when the Toledo Harbor Light began operation. It is currently privately owned.



Navigational Options
Return to Fifteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.