Two Harbors Light

"Two Harbors, Minnesota"


Built: 1892
Automated: 1981

"This 50 foot tall, square, red brick tower attached to a larger square, two-story red brick dwelling is located on Agate and Burlington Bays of Lake Superior. The original fourth-order Fresnel lens was replaced by two airport beacons in 1970. The station was automated in 1981 and still operates today. The dwelling houses a museum operated by the Lake County Historical Society. (Photo 1994, Trip #19)"



Navigational Options
Return to Nineteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-ninth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.