Waugoshance Shoal Light

"NW of Waugoshance Island, Michigan"


Built: 1851
Decommissioned: 1912

"Even though it was once used for target practice during World War II, this decaying structure still stands, barely, at the place where it once warned ships of the dangerous formation near the Straits of Mackinac where the water depth can get to less than twelve feet. (Photo 1988, Trip #4)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fourth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.