West Sister Island Light

"West Sister Island, Ohio"


Built: 1847
Automated: 1937

This light sits at the southwest end of West Sister Island about eight miles from the Ohio mainland. The keeper's dwelling was destroyed in about 1945. The light is still active today even though the lantern room has been removed. It has been replaced by a plastic lens mounted on top of the tower. The island is currently a national wildlife refuge.



Navigational Options
Return to Fifteenth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.