White Rock Memorial Light
"White Rock, Michigan"
"This light was built as a private rsidence and as a memorial to the 1856 White Rock Lighthouse which was destroyed by fire in 1871. The other 54 businesses in the town of White Rock were also destroyed by the fire. White Rock was the largest town in the territory in 1776 and was a busy port prior to the 1871 fire. This light is not a replica of that original light, but is similar in design."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.