White Shoal Light

"White Shoal, Michigan"


Built: 1910
Automated: 1976

"This distinctive red-and-white candy-cane striped lighthouse replaced a lightship that previously marked this dangerous area twenty miles due west of Old Mackinac Point. (Photo 2001, Trip #38)"



Navigational Options
Return to Second Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fourth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Fifth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Thirty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.