Wind Point Light

"Racine, Wisconsin"


Built: 1880
Automated: 1964

"This 108 foot tall brick and iron tower is connected through a covered passageway to the keepers house which contains three apartments to house the keeper and two assistants. Located at the mouth of the Root River on the Lake Michigan shore, it was originally put into service to warn mariners of the dangerous Racine Reef, 4 miles southeast of Wind Point. It is still in operation today. (Photo 1989, Trip #8)"



Navigational Options
Return to Eighth Lighthouse Expedition
Return to Forty-first Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.