Windmill Point Light (MI)
"This light is located at the head of the Detroit River from Lake St. Clair. The original light was built in1838 and was rebuilt in 1866, 1875 and again in 1891. The present tower is fitted with a Sixth Order Fresnel lens, the smallest size made. The light remains active today."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.