Windmill Point Light (Ontario)

"Wexford, Ontario, Canada"


Built: 1873
Decommissioned: 1978

"This light was originally a working windmill. It was converted to a lighthouse in 1873, 35 years after the bloody 'Battle of the Windmill' which was fought during the 1838 Patriot War. It sits high on a bluff overlooking the St. Lawrence River."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-third Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.