Crooked River Light
"This 103-foot tall square skeleton tower sits on the mainland behind Dog Island at the mouth of the Crooked River in St. George Sound. This light was built after the lighthouse on Dog Island was destroyed by a storm in 1873. The tower was given its current color scheme, to contrast with the surrounding pine forest, in 1902."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.