St. Joseph Bay Light

"Port St. Joe, Florida"


Built: 1902
Automated: 1960

"This privately owned square wooden lighthouse, with a stubby tower centered atop the hip roof, was originally located in Beacon Hill at the entrance to St. Joseph Bay. When discontinued by the government in 1960, the building was abandoned and eventually moved for use as a barn. In 1979 it was moved again, this time to Simmons Bayou, and converted into a private home."



Navigational Options
Return to Thirtieth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.