Ballinacourty Light

"Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Ireland"


Built: 1858

"This light, built with local limestone rock, is located on Ballinacourty Point, on the northern shore of Dungarvan Bay. It was at the request of merchants and shipowners that this harbour light was built, to help guide ships into Dungarvan Bay and up to safe anchorage."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.