Dun Laoghaire East Light
"Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, Ireland"
"This light is located at the end of the East Pier of Dun Laoghaire Harbour. It and the West Pier Light were built to guide into the harbour ships that were waiting to get into the Port of Dublin. When this light became a three-keeper station in 1949, the Principal Keeper moved into the dwelling of the unmanned West Pier Light, and the two assistants and their families lived in the dwellings at the base of this East Pier tower. The families moved out in March of 1955 when this light was automated."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.