Duncannon North Rear Range Light
"Duncannon, Co Wexford, Ireland"
"This harbour light was originally built at Roche's Point in 1817. It was felt to be too small for that location, so it was dismantled and re-built at Duncannon. It is located three miles north of the entrance to Waterford Harbour on the Wexford shore. Along with the Duncannon Fort Light (Front Range) it forms a pair of range lights (leading lights) guiding ships over the bar of Duncannon. It was originally oil-burning but was converted to acetylene in 1937 and to electricity in 1971."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.