Howth Light

"Howth, Co Dublin, Ireland"


Built: 1818
Decommissioned: 1982

"This light is located on the pier-head in Howth Harbour on the northern shore of Howth Head. The keeper's quarters in the tower were very cramped, so a separate single-story residence was built in 1821 and a second story added some years later. Howth Harbour was modernized in the early 1980's and a modern tower built at the end of the East Pier Extension."



Navigational Options
Return to Twenty-second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.