"Located along the southwest coast of Norway, this area marks the southern entrance to the Skudenes Fjord. There has been a light in this area since 1700, with the first tower being built in 1800. The present 27 m (89 ft) tower was erected in 1855 and houses a second order lens that is 45.2 m (148 ft) above sea level, with a range of 18.5 nautical miles."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.