Sørhaugøy Light

"Haugesund, Norway"


Built: 1846
Decommissioned: 1952

"Located on the island of Sørhaugøy (øy means island) in Haugesund's outer harbor area, it is strategically located in the sheltered sea lane to Haugesund. The lighthouse, with its fourth order lens, is still mainly in its original state and has considerable historical value. It is owned by the local museum/historical society. Near the lighthouse there are foundations used by German artillery, grim reminders of WW II activity in the area."



Navigational Options
Return to Thirty-sixth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.