"This cast iron light replaced the original light built here in 1874. It is 17.8 m (58 ft) tall, and has a first order lens. The light shines 40.3 m (132 ft) above sea level and reaches 18.7 nautical miles out to sea. It is situated on a rocky point in a group of islands of the Larvik area off the southeastern coast of Norway. The foghorns from the lighthouse are now on display at the Norwegian maritime museum in Oslo. This light is still manned, and is one of the few Norwegian lighthouses with a lighthousekeeper on the premises. It is owned by the Norwegian State."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.