Cape Blanco Light

"Sixes, Oregon"


Built: 1870
Automated: 1980

This 59 foot tall conical masonry tower sits on the westernmost point in Oregon and is the oldest standing lighthouse in Oregon. The tower originally held a first-order Fresnel lens which had a focal plane 245 feet above sea level. That lens was replaced by a second-order lens in 1936 which still operates in the tower today.



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.