Coquille River Light

"Bandon, Oregon"


Built: 1896
Decommissioned: 1939

"This 40 foot tall conical brick tower covered with stucco is attached to the station's fog signal building. The light sits on the north bank of the river where it empties into the Pacific Ocean. It originally held a fourth-order Fresnel lens with a focal plane of 47 feet above sea level. Left abandoned for many years following its deactivation, it was eventually restored in 1979 and is now maintained as part of Bullards Beach State Park. It is known to the locals as the Bandon Lighthouse."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-second Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.