Oakland Harbor Light
"This light was the second one to mark the entrance to Oakland harbor, having replaced a much smaller lighthouse that had been built in 1890. In this white, two-story building the lower story contained the storerooms, and the keepers and their families lived above. At the top where the four-sided roofs converge, there is a short tower and lantern room. After it was discontinued in 1966 the building was sold to a restaurant firm and barged up the estuary to its present location. It is now operated as L.J. Quinn's Lighthouse restaurant."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.