Cromarty Light

"Cromarty, Scotland, U.K."


Built: 1846
Automated: 1985

"Located on the northeast tip of the Black Isle, this 43 foot tall, white conical tower was built to guide ships between the Moray Firth and the Cromarty Firth. The height of its focal plane is 59 feet above sea level. It was designed by Alan Stevenson and is still an active aid to navigation. The keeper's house and outbuildings are now used by Aberdeen University students studying the bottlenose dolphins of the Moray Firth."



Navigational Options
Return to Forty-fourth Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.