Tayport Low Light
"Tayport, Scotland, U.K."
"Built sometime prior to 1811, this light was the low (front) light of a pair of leading lights (range lights) located on the south side of the Tay River leading into the Firth of Tay from the North Sea. In 1848, it was replaced by a wooden pile light located out in the river and further away from the high light. This original low light was too close to the high light to give a good, clear line. These lights were known at different periods as the South Ferryness, Craig, or West Lights. This Low Light is no longer active."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.