The first light at this site was constructed atop the keeper's dwelling in 1869. The current concrete and stone 16 m (53 ft) high tower replaced it in 1906. Electricity was installed in 1939. It sits on top of the highest rock of the island making it the second highest lighthouse in the Baltic Sea.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.